Are you an established producer looking for an opportunity to develop and produce your film with funding from the Silwerskermfees (the “Festival”) and then premiere it at the 11th anniversary Silwerskermfees?
Now is your chance to be part of this exciting competition at the Festival and to stand a chance to be one of the participants chosen to receive a commission/pre-sale fund of R300 000.00 by the Festival in collaboration with kykNET. The actual number of participants will be determined by the Festival, but will not exceed five.
- Open to any South African films, under 35 minutes in duration
- Original, fresh concept with a unique difference in various genres such as Coming of Age, Edgy, Afrikaans, LGBTQ, Auteur, Festival Awards, Gender, Human Rights, Sexuality, Social Justice, Gender, Feminist, etc
- Provocative, but yet broad audience appeal amongst digital viewers
- Language: 80% authentic Afrikaans and other South African official languages for the remaining 20%
- Entries open on 16 November 2021 and close on 14 January 2022
- Entry fee: R500,00 per entry
How to enter:
- Register on the Silwerskermfees website, namely https://silwerskermfees.co.za
- Complete the entire entry form.
- Upload your concept idea with a visual treatment and preliminary financial plans (for production of the film) electronically with your application form as a pdf.
- The size of the document uploaded may not exceed a maximum 50mb or a link of up to 2gb.
- Pay the entry fee of R500,00 and submit.